PulseChain is forking Ethereum and will be compatible with both Ledger and Trezor hardware wallets. If you don’t have a hardware wallet, you can interact with PulseChain by using a HOT wallet (Metamask, Trust Wallet, Exodus, Mycelium, Blockchain Wallet, etc..) This is NOT ADVISED! You should always use a cold wallet where possible. You will thank yourself in the future!
How to use Ledger hardware wallet with PulseChain?
Before you start
- Make sure you have the latest version of Ledger Live.
- Get your Ledger hardware wallet.
- Install the latest version of the Ethereum app on your device.
Add a PulseChain account
- On the left panel, click on Accounts.
- Click the Add account button.
- Type or click the drop-down list to select Ethereum (ETH). Click Continue.
- Connect and unlock your device, open the Ethereum app. Click Continue. Ledger Live will look for existing accounts in the blockchain. These are then displayed one by one.
- In the Accounts step, different sections can appear:
- In the Select existing accounts section, the accounts shown already have blockchain transactions. Add a checkmark to the account(s) to add and choose a name for them.
- In the Add new account section, you can add a new account by adding a checkmark. This is not possible when the last created PulseChain account has not received a transaction yet.
- The Accounts already in Portfolio section lists the accounts that are already in Portfolio and thus can not be added.
- Click Continue. Your PulseChain account(s) will be added to the Portfolio.
- Click Add more to continue adding accounts. Otherwise, close the Add accounts window.
View the PRC20 tokens
If you already have an Ethereum account with PRC20 tokens, you can view your tokens in Ledger Live.
- On the Accounts page, click on Show tokens under the PulseChain account that holds the tokens.
- You can hide token accounts with zero balance: Settings > Accounts > Hide empty token accounts.
Send and receive tokens
You can now send and receive PRC20 tokens. Get started by sending your PRC20 tokens to the Ethereum account of your choice. The token accounts will only appear after the token transaction has been confirmed on the PulseChain blockchain. The Ethereum account you send tokens to will be the parent account of your token accounts.
www.howtopulse.com is not affiliated with PulseChain in any form.